Too Much Stuff?
Have you decided that you simply have too much stuff for your house?
Most people reach that point – there’s just not more space for anything!
Even if you regularly purge your home of items you don’t use regularly, you’ll still find yourself accumulating items.
One solution to this is to get a storage unit from Maxwell Self Storage in Montgomery, Alabama. This way, you can rotate items in and out as you need them.
But what do you put in storage and what do you keep?
Things to Keep
- Clothing that you regularly wear and that are in season.
- Practical items – towels, silverware, bedding, etc.
- Furniture you regularly use.
- Photos, décor, and other hanging items you like.
- Toys and games your children regularly use and enjoy.
- If you have a child who is off to college, keep enough of their things in their old room to make them feel welcome.
- Keep any documents with financial information or personal details at home, including anything with credit card or bank account numbers.
- Place your collectibles in display cabinets or on shelves.
- Keep sports equipment that is regularly used at home.
- Have an emergency tool kit on hand that contains everything you might need.
Things to Store
- Clothing and shoes that are out of season.
- Anything extra that you don’t use as much, such as extra towels, blankets, and other items. If you only use certain dishes or silverware for the holidays, you could store those, too.
- Store furniture that is only used every now and then or that’s in the way.
- Any of your décor that doesn’t’ quite fit with the rest of your home can go into storage. The same is true for photos and other things that make a room look too full.
- Put your children’s excess toys in storage for now, then swap them out for toys they have at home to make them feel fresh and new.
- Put some of your college student’s items in storage, including anything that doesn’t fit in the closet.
- Put away documents that you don’t necessarily need on a regular basis, but still need to keep.
- If you have collectables you can’t display or if you have multiple collections, you can store items and rotate them in and out when you want to change things up.
- Store your out-of-season sports equipment, camping gear, etc.
- Put your gardening items in storage for the winter.
Ready for a Storage Unit?
“Rent a Storage Unit. Because some Halloween costumes just look a bit weird hanging in your closet year round!”
Anything that seems to be taking up space in your home, but isn’t being used regularly could go into storage.
It’s all up to you…
Just make sure you pack it securely and label everything so you can find it without much trouble in case you decide you do want to keep it at home.
When you’re ready to rent that much needed storage unit, contact Maxwell Self Storage for convenient, affordable storage solutions.
Be sure to ask about our military discounts!
And come dressed as you are! 🙂