Maxwell Self Storage offers Student Storage solutions near Alabama State University in Montgomery, Alabama.
College students often need storage space during the summer if they don’t want to drag all their belongings home with them, which is why many students from nearby Alabama State University (ASU) choose to use our storage services!
It also helps that we’re located in Montgomery, just minutes away from the ASU campus.
Give Maxwell Self Storage a call today to schedule an appointment to see our affordable Montgomery storage units!
Student Storage Overview
Going to college is a great adventure, but you may discover that you don’t really have that much space in your dorm room.
Even if you’re great at organizing and have carefully arranged everything so that you maximize your space, you may also realize that you simply can’t fit anything else in the closet or shelf.
Over the year, you’re likely to accumulate more and more things. What do you do when you run out of space?
You’re not the only one being crushed under the weight of your overflowing room – if you have a roommate, you may be upsetting them with all of your stuff.
One thing you can do to alleviate any stress is to rent a self-storage unit from Maxwell Self Storage.
Self Storage Near ASU
You may be able to find plenty of storage units available throughout the Montgomery metropolitan area, but if you’re looking for affordability and convenience, we’ve got you covered!
This is especially true if it’s towards the end of the semester and you just need something for a month or so.
Maxwell Self Storage is only an 8 minute drive from ASU. Map & Directions ↓
By leasing a small storage unit from us, you’ll be able to stash a lot of stuff at our storage facility without spending too much. You may even be able to convince your roommate to share the cost!
Student Storage Tips
What do students need to consider when renting a storage unit?
- Is it secure with fences, lights, cameras, etc.?
- Is there any type of deposit or sign-up fee?
- Are the first/last month’s rent prorated?
- Do you need to bring a lock, or is one provided?
- Can you access the storage unit at any time of the day/week?
- Are there fees for making a late payment?
- Are there restrictions on what can be stored there?
- Does the facility offer student discounts or seasonal specials?
At Maxwell Self Storage, we’re ready to assist you with all of your student storage questions.
Self Storage Solutions for Students
Once you’ve decided to lease a unit from Maxwell Self Storage, you have to decide what you’re going to store here.
We’ll help you go over the rules of what is acceptable. For example, you shouldn’t store anything perishable, flammable, or illegal.
In addition to individual “mini” storage units, our storage facility has indoor warehouse storage and outdoor parking space so you can store your car here while you’re gone over spring break, winter break, or even summer break.
You might also want to store some of your old textbooks, furniture, or clothing you don’t need.
These tips will make organizing your storage unit easier:
- Label every box on several sides and the top.
- Put the items you’re least likely to need to get to in the back of the unit.
- Always put fragile items on top.
- Leave some space between boxes to walk and for air flow.
- Think about adding some shelves to the walls.
Moving items to a storage unit at Maxwell Self Storage will help keep your dorm room clean, which will make your roommate, Resident Assistant (RA), and parents very happy!
Driving Directions from ASU
By accessing Interstate 85 South, Maxwell Self Storage is a 4.6 mile drive (approximately 8 minutes).
- Get on I-85 South from Glenn Palmer Ave
- Head north on Harris Way for 0.1 miles
- Turn right onto Glenn Palmer Ave, continue for 0.3 miles
- Turn right onto Forest Ave and continue 46 feet
- Turn right to merge onto I-85 S
- Continue on I-85 S. Take Maxwell Blvd to Bell St
- Merge onto I-85 S and continue 1.7 miles
- Use the right lane to take exit 172 to merge onto I-65 N toward Birmingham and continue 0.6 miles
- Use the right lane to take exit 172 for Herron St and continue 0.1 miles
- Turn left onto N Holt St and continue 0.1 miles
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Maxwell Blvd and continue 0.9 miles
- Keep left to stay on Maxwell Blvd for 0.2 miles
- Continue onto Bell St for 0.3 miles
- Maxwell Self Storage will be on the left
For all your student storage needs, please contact Maxwell Self Storage in Montgomery, Alabama.